Header

Image Map

Friday, August 31, 2012

The past few days...

I have learned, loved, been annoyed, listened, recited, remembered, and been thankful. I have been mad, been sad, and gotten upset. I have had sleepless nights, and days of waiting and praying.
Being born first in a family has caused me to put a larger amount of pressure on myself, to be the responsible one, the one that knows the answers or the one not embarrassed to ask the questions.

I have learned that there is good in many people, and absolutely none in others. That trust is something that is earned, that you can't change anyone no matter how hard you try. I have learned that patience is something I am working on, that you will do most anything for those you love.
Life is hard, it throws you things you are not expecting, but never more than you can handle, never more than what you can learn. 

The past few days have taught me a lot, and sometimes that's the best way for a situation to end.

2 comments:

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I was the first born and the first grandchild and I used to get the "your supposed to set the example" speech. Then I said, eff it and I marched to my own drum. And guess what, I love it! Why because I am me! Don't change ever!

Unknown said...

I'm the oldest too, and there is a lot of pressure there. I think it really does make you a stronger and better person. There have been times that I wish it were different, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...